Founded in 2019, Altay Therapeutics develops small molecule drugs for a wide range of diseases, with a focus on chronic liver diseases like liver fibrosis and liver cancer.
The company’s small molecules have potent inhibitor activity against disease-causing transcription factors by disrupting their association with DNA, and according to the company have shown exceptional results in several animal models for fibrotic diseases and several cancers.
The company’s initial focus is on finding treatments for chronic inflammatory liver diseases such as NASH and liver cancer and it expects to nominate a lead drug for liver diseases by Q1 of 2021. In addition, pre-clinical studies for prostate cancer and Ewings Sarcoma are said to show great efficacy and the company expects to nominate a lead for its prostate cancer program by Q2 of 2021.
Approach: Platform to identify Novel small molecules inhibitors of transcription factors.
Potential Indications: Chronic inflammatory diseases, Chronic liver diseases, Fibrosis, NASH, Liver cancer, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Prostate cancer, Ewings sarcoma.
The company’s a team that has more than 70 years of small molecule drug development experience, and includes co-founder Dr. Osman Ozes, who led the first drug development program for Esbriet (Pirfenidone), resulting in the first FDA approved therapy for lung fibrosis.
Subscribe for alerts on new companies featured on Startups.Bio
- MoonLake ImmunotherapeuticsMoonLake Immunotherapeutics is a Swiss biopharmaceutical company leveraging single-domain antibody (Nanobody®) technology […]
- ResBioticResBiotic is developing microbiome-based products to help reduce inflammation in chronic lung […]
- Alchemab TherapeuticsAlchemab identifies naturally occurring protective antibodies that counter complex diseases, such as […]
- Wild BiotechIsrael-based Wild Biotech is mining wild animal microbiomes for the discovery of […]
- MUVON TherapeuticsMUVON Therapeutics is spin-off from the University of Zurich developing an autologous […]
- Chimerna TherapeuticsFounded in 2020, Chimerna Therapeutics has developed a platform for generating circular […]